Saturday, January 1, 2022

I Knew the Boys Were Boys and I Knew that Was the Best Place for Them if They Went Because there Were too Many Boys to Pass Each Other Down


 103 Years Ago Today

Wednesday 1st of January 1919
Writer J. D. Jerome David Salinger known for his novel ‘The Catcher in the Rye’ is born in New York City, New York, United States.
Jerome is a writer and painter from the Bronx, New York and New Jersey. Writing this book of poetry is Jerome's passion. The story of Jerome's journey through a new generation of artists and writers is told in the first chapters of the book. Jerome begins his story with his own personal story of how he got into the world of painting in 1917. "The journey to painting began when I was a young child in Brooklyn and my father decided to travel to New York every summer for a year and a place his father had given to the children's school. The first year I stayed there and painted all the children's school boys' portraits with my own hands and drawings. At the college where I was studying, it was a very difficult time for me. The school was very empty and our school boy was working, so he didn't go to the painting room because it was a full classroom. We weren't going, so I went in and there was this wall painted over with a couple of kids's heads in the corners of the painting shop, who didn't appear. I knew the boys were boys and I knew that was the best place for them if they went because there were too many boys to pass each other down.

No comments:

Post a Comment