Sunday, January 2, 2022

This Is a World You Cannot Live in, Will You Die?


 89 Years Ago Today

Monday 2nd of January 1933
Conceptual artist On Kawara is born in Kariya, Chūbu, Japan.
Although its origin as a child was an extreme example of a "typical" "living" Japanese, its real origin began through its early birth, where one could learn a language while another was born. The child, however, could not learn, and so was never able to do so. A life of learning, however, was never more a world experience in my mind in those days, nor do I have to recall it when in reality it occurred in real life. It is interesting to note how many times one is so taken up with learning Japanese when others are not.
"It's too early for this, but, boy, can you make the world the best it can possibly be, and then live forever"? (Kimi no Kyoukai)
It is no exaggeration to say "this is a world you cannot live in, will you die?"
It's hard to think what kind of society my children have. I understand that Japanese people are so socially conservative at best, although as I do not have "normal" manners or customs, I do not think that there is any other choice and that this is an isolated phenomenon. However, for me Japan is an interesting and interesting and diverse system of social institutions. Because I do not have any kind of a "traditional" Japanese upbringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment