Friday, January 7, 2022

After I Retired I Became an Exhibitionist Living in a Warehouse Next to the University of Paris


 84 Years Ago Today

Friday 7th of January 1938

Artist, writer and filmmaker Roland Topor is born in 11 Rue Corbeau, Paris, Xe, Île-de-France, France.

Topor's family moved to this tiny town, and he spent almost his childhood there before starting his studies for the French academy of Arts and Sciences, where he studied for more than 30 years. Over the years, he has been studying, writing, drawing, doing art and designing art with an eye to making works of art. He came to Paris once to start a magazine called L'Engines in 1938, but it was sold and retired. For a time I was a young artist and photographer. After I retired I became an exhibitionist, living in a warehouse next to the University of Paris, the only one of its kind. I went into the arts and culture of New York, but soon abandoned school, and went back into the business, eventually becoming a photographer in Paris for three years.

A good year later I quit the magazine and went back to work in France as an art critic under the name Fabian Delitzschrutt. This is probably the most difficult work I have ever done. I have come to see art as something that should be admired for its beauty but is also more important for people than what it means to be known as an artist. As a matter of fact, as early as I was doing my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment