Friday, May 27, 2022

All of Us Really Love this Music but We Do not Always Have Fun with it Especially if Our Parents Are not Allowed to Listen


 144 Years Ago Today

Monday 27th of May 1878
Dancer Isadora Angela Duncan aka The Mother of Modern Dance is born in San Francisco, California, United States. I have been a fan since early age of music and I have been a long time fan of classical music since the very beginning when I grew up in Toronto. I moved to London in 1976 and had been interested in music since I was young. I started dancing back in 1967, while my dad was still an assistant guitarist for his band. My dad had really loved and respected classical music and was quite excited about bringing it to Toronto. As much as I loved dancing with my dad and my mom, I have always wanted to pursue the arts in a musical way while in my early twenties. As I would discover in my writing, there is a lot of learning from watching classical music in our neighbourhood. It is interesting that many of the more experienced groups of people who have studied classical music today are very much like me – highly educated, very social, passionate about them – often sing along to classical tunes. What makes dancing so interesting is that many of these people are very creative and have very imaginative minds. All of us really love this music, but we do not always have fun with it, especially if our parents (or my older self if I have to say so myself) are not allowed to listen. My friends, family, and even cousins have become very interested in classical music.

No comments:

Post a Comment