Wednesday, April 13, 2022

I Don't Know if He Was Killed Because of My Ignorance and Ignorance of the Cause of His Death or if Maybe There Was Something Not Known to Me


 327 Years Ago Today

Wednesday 13th of April 1695
Fabulist Jean de La Fontaine dies of natural causes at the age of 74 in Neuilly-sur-Seine, Île-de-France, France. 
I don't know if he was killed because of my ignorance and ignorance of the cause of his death, or if maybe there was something not known to me. There seems to be no record of him as one who fought and died at a place named De La Fontaine. If he was a fighter he had a good idea who had fought the Germans. Perhaps I should point out that there are many great fighting men who were never on the battlefield but whose bravery saved their lives or gave them life. As far as I know, there is no record of him as much as there is of other famous fighters who were never on the field but who did fight or died and were so very successful in their way of saving their comrades and others. I also find no record of him fighting or dying in a military parade or at a military cemetery, I believe. Even the military is a great show of bravery and is usually seen and heard by people who know what they are fighting for, and who might like to believe that they were really there and the people who fought had their names written on their helmets. On a similar note, there is no record of him fighting or dying in the Parisian Palace or his own private apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment