Sunday, February 20, 2022

I Will Never Forget Patty's Story and I Hope I Don't Miss Any More of Her Stories Too


 68 Years Ago Today

Saturday 20th of February 1954

Newspaper heiress, kidnap victim and member of the Symbionese Liberation Army Patty Patricia Campbell Hearst is born in San Francisco, California, United States.

She is fluent in Portuguese and Hebrew and is a certified nurse. She grew up working for a hospital and her first job was as a teacher. From middle school until college, she's taught and mentored hundreds of students and professionals, and she is proud to have become the first female educator since Jane Doe to succeed in her field of education.

I do believe the woman is brave and that her life is truly an incredible place to be in today. This is our mother's final day with us. I was very moved by Patty's strength, courage and desire to become a teacher, and I wish so much for her future. Patty can be missed by many people and her work was instrumental in giving me love to my heart.

This is Patty's story and it will go down in history as one of my all time favorite women's memoirs. I will never forget Patty's story, and I hope I don't miss any more of her stories too.

The following post is excerpted from The Secret History of Patty Campbell Hearst:

"At the very top of the pages of my book Patty's story," wrote a young newspaperwoman (1956), "is the fact that she had a husband."

No comments:

Post a Comment